Childbirth Preparation CRASH Class
This prenatal class in Toronto is one Intensive 6-hour session. Join us as we take the fear out of childbirth and give you the confidence to labor and birth your way, be that natural, medicated, or somewhere in between. We have designed our class is informative, relevant and objective. Our class size is kept small providing the appropriate intimacy and to allow for personal attention for each couple.
Our goal is to have families leave this class informed, excited, and connected with their internal and external resources. When a baby is born, a mother and family will also be born. This workshop is designed to demystify birth.
Another goal of this class is to provide you with the information and skills you need to understand the basic concepts of the birthing body, the many emotional responses to labour that a woman and her birth partner may experience, and how to work effectively with your inner and outer resources during labour. This class is designed for those planning both a hospital, Toronto Birth Centre or homebirth.
- How Your Body Prepares for Labour (what is normal in the weeks leading up to baby)
- How to Tell When You Are In Labour
- Evidence Based Healthy Birth Practices
- What happens to the Body in Labour
- Normal emotional responses to the Birth Process
- Birth Room/Home Etiquette and the Role of the Partner
- Role of the Baby during Labour (through the pelvis and birth canal and into your arms
- Comfort Measures
- Understanding Interventions and How to Avoid them
- Birth positions/yoga, breath work and body work that supports the birthing woman
- How to Create and Utilize a Birth Team that Supports the Needs of the Family
- Drafting Your Birth Intentions (aka Birth Plan)
- Common Postpartum Experiences
- Best Start To Breastfeeding
- Basic Infant Care Tips and Techniques: Bathing, Swaddling, Sleeping, Soothing, etc.
Our childbirth instructor, Annie Scott, CD(DONA), ICCE, HBCE is a certified childbirth educator by the International Childbirth Educator Association, a Birth Doula, and most importantly, a mother. Read More
$190 (+HST) per couple
Cost includes all materials, online followup, and full access to me for 6 months after baby is born for followup questions or concerns.